Frack Free North West (FFNW)
is part of an expanding national movement that opposes the development and extraction of shale gas worldwide. The damaging effects of hydraulic fracturing have been extensively highlighted by leading scientists.
Our mission is to protect our environment for our children and for future generations. Taking action now will safeguard the health and wellbeing of our communities from the effects of air pollution, water contamination, seismic movement and toxic & radioactive waste.
The anti-fracking movement is growing in strength. Hundreds of localised groups have developed across the UK over the last five years and communities have come together in solidarity to form their own anti-fracking groups.
- More official documents label anti-fracking campaigners as extremists alongside terrorist groups 6th December 2016
- Anti-frackers branded as extremists 5th December 2016
- What’s happening this week? 5-11 December 2016 5th December 2016
- NODapl pipeline to be halted immediately? 5th December 2016
- igas representation to the recent DM50 policies in Local Plan Part 2 consultation. 2nd December 2016
- Cuadrilla names fracking site contractor and vows to put “Lancashire First” – opponents say shale is not “wanted, needed or accepted” 2nd December 2016
- Drilling Diary December via Ruth Hayhurst 1st December 2016
- What’s happening this week? 28 November – 4 December 2016 via Drill or Drop 29th November 2016
- Government delayed release of shale impact report until after Lancashire fracking decisions – read the emails 25th November 2016
- Government accused of ‘dirty tricks’ over controversial fracking report 25th November 2016
Latest From The News Room
More official documents label anti-fracking campaigners as extremists alongside terrorist groups: updates from Yorkshire, Merseyside, Dorset and Sussex BY RUTH HAYHURST ON DECEMBER 5, 2016 A rally at Northallerton, North Yorkshire, against Third... Read More
Quote from Baroness Williams: “Prevent training does not include any reference to participation in any anti-fracking groups” So why is this slide being used in Prevent training with Merseyside police?? Hmmm. First compared... Read More
via Drill or Drop: This week’s diary features a court case involving anti-fracking campaigner, Tina Rothery, plus two county council meetings, a training course, presentation, film screening, climate action assembly and a media... Read More